1981 Power Circle
Introducing Legacy Giving
Did you know that you can make a lasting impact with vulnerable households facing a utility crisis by making a planned gift to the Fuel Fund of Maryland?When you include the Fuel Fund in your estate plans, you will become a member of the 1981 Power Circle (our founding year) and help fulfill our mission of helping thousands of struggling households who have no other place to turn during a utility hardship.
How It Works
Traditionally, donors contact the Fuel Fund of Maryland when they are ready to join our giving circle. However, you do not have to wait until a certain age to take action. We have provided a list of efforts you can take to join this circle - now or in the future - and help us reach our mission.
Planned gifts are tax-efficient and can be customized to meet your needs!
For more information on legacy giving, please contact us, at 410-235-9080 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill out this contact form below and a member of our Development, Communications, and Marketing Department will get back to you shortly.
You can start making a difference as soon as today. Your future starts now.
Career moves, getting married, or having kids do not have to deter you from preparing. Here are ways you can take action today:
- Manage all debt
- Accumulate your assets
- Set-up investment savings account strictly for a legacy giving plan
- Create a simple will and revise it every 5 - 10 years
- Discuss planned giving with your financial advisor while setting up retirement funds or life insurance policies
- Educate yourself on planned giving by attending workshops, networking events, or simply contacting your nonprofit
45-65 Years Old
This is a critical stage in your planning as you most likely have already established your will and retirmement plan contributions. You can take action today by doing the following:
- Accumulate all assets
- Make use of charitable trusts giving options
- Looking into transferring your estate and/or wealth
- Establish a planned giving document with financial advisor
- Increase contributions to your retirement plans
65 and Older
Planned giving is a powerful way to support your local nonprofit and have a lasting legacy in your community. Take action today.
- Review will and estate plans
- Accumulate all assets including cash and real property
- Set aside dollar amount for healthcare and medical needs
- Finalize financial plan for dependents including children and grandchildren