The Fuel Fund Program has temporarily changed our eligibility guidelines, beginning April 12, 2021
Thank you for applying for potential Fuel Fund assistance. Please know that financial assistance which may be provided to you is a result of generous donations from individuals, community foundations and businesses. The Fuel Fund receives no Federal, State or City financial assistance.
Before you begin your application, you should understand how the Fuel Fund works. Please print out this page for your records.
Step 1: Apply
- If you applied to energy assistance with the State and were denied for over income, you will be eligible for the Fuel Fund, if you have not used us in the last 365 days.
- If you applied for energy assistance with the State and were approved, you will be eligible for the Fuel Fund, if you have not used us in the last 365 days.
- If you have NOT applied to energy assistance, we will ask you to submit your households 30-day gross income and your household size. We will determine, based on that information if you might be eligible for energy assistance with the State, if so, we will have you apply with them first, as they have larger grants than us.
- If we determine, based on the information you provided us, that you would be over income for energy assistance with the State, we will process your application for the Fuel Fund at that time.
Step 2: Fuel Fund Processes Your Application
Once we receive your application for assistance, our team will look at your BGE account and your application with Energy Assistance (Office of Home Energy). Currently, we are currently processing applications within 2 to 3 business days. As we process your application, we will:
- Check the status of your BGE account
- Gather information on your total account balance, grants provided by any state agencies such as the Department of Social Services and Energy Assistance
Step 3: Your Payment
After we’ve calculated your portion of the bill to pay, we’ll contact you via email (if you provided one in your application) or phone. At this time, we will tell you how much to pay directly to BGE, how to make your payment, and what to do after you make your payment.
Step 4: Reporting Your Payment
When you make your payment to BGE, you need to contact Fuel Fund to let us know that you paid. This can be done three (3) ways:
- Responding to the email we sent you that told you how much to pay,
- Clicking on the “check your status” bar at the top of this page and sending us an email that way,
- Calling the Fuel Fund at (410) 235-9080 Option 1.
Step 5: Fuel Fund makes the Commitment
- Once completed, we will verify your payment with BGE and make a Fuel Fund commitment and let you know it was completed.
- If there are any problems with making your commitment, we will contact you again.
Note: Fuel Fund’s payments can take up to 3 weeks to post to your account, as a result of that you will not receive a bill showing a zero balance, as BGE will most likely have read your meter during that time. Also, Fuel Fund’s payments come in 2 different forms, one will show up in your payment history, but the other will not.
*Please note: our eligibility model can change at any time
Application successfully submitted!
The Fuel Fund of Maryland has received your request for assistance. Our staff will review your application and contact you by email once eligibility has been determined. Any attempt to contact the Fuel Fund of Maryland after submitting this application will result in processing delays.
Please remember the Fuel Fund will contact you through the email address you provided on your application.
Oops! We already have an application for you!
Our records indicate that you currently have an open application with us for this year.
We're sorry, an error occured when submitting your application
If the problem persists, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our organization is passionate, collaborative, diverse, and an inclusive work environment while being proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to being compassionate, empathetic, reflective, and authentic to both our clientele and stakeholders.