Donations to the Fuel Fund of Maryland are extremely important. By partnering with us, you are helping to raise funds and awareness about our low-income neighbors who are struggling to pay their home utility bills.
Our organization is extremely grateful to the people and/or organizations who wish to organize events to support our programs. However, only those third-party events which meet our specific criteria and benefit the Fuel Fund directly will be considered for approval. Each event is reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
To obtain application for third-party fundraiser, email the Development, Marketing, and Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following guidelines must be reviewed prior to submitting application for third-party fundraiser.
- Approval by Fuel Fund of Maryland Development, Marketing, and Communications Department must be obtained before any advertising is done or event is held
- All annual events should be registered with the Fuel Fund each year - despite having held event in previous years
- The Fuel Fund of Maryland reserves the right to refuse funds raised at unapproved events and activities
- Third-party events may not be represented as events sponsored by our organization
- Promotions for the event should reflect the Fuel Fund of Maryland as beneficiary (i.e. "proceeds from XYZ Golf Tournament will benefit the Fuel Fund of Maryland"
- All promotional materials related to an event benefiting our organization must be reviewed and approved by the Development, Marketing, and Communications Department prior to distribution. This includes, but is not limited to: flyers, press releases, tickets, brochures, posters, etc.
- The use of Fuel Fund of Maryland's name, logo, trademark, or collateral materials is reserved for events conducted by Fuel Fund of Maryland itself. Therefore, any requests for the use of the organization's logo or trademark must be used in accordance with written brand guidelines and must undergo approval.
- All references to the Fuel Fund public or on promotional materials for the event should be refer to "Fuel Fund of Maryland"
- Event does not need to be held in the state of Maryland. We accept events held in all-parts of the United States as long as they follow our third-party guidelines and regulations.
If goods and/or services must be bought for the event and expenses will be incurred, please consider the following:
- Expenses incurred for conducting the event are the responsibility of the hosting volunteers and the Sponsor of the event. Fuel Fund of Maryland will not be liable for any costs or expenses
- Fuel Fund of Maryland will not reimburse the Sponsor for the purchase of goods for a third-party event. No goods may be charged to Fuel Fund of Maryland for any reason
- Suggestions to reduce event expenses: secure donated goods and services and negotiate reduce costs
The event sponsor is responsible for opening and maintaining his/her own bank account for the event. Back accounts may not be opened in the name of Fuel Fund of Maryland.
- Any check payable to Fuel Fund of Maryland must be sent directly to Fuel Fund of Maryland’s Development, Marketing, and Communications Department. Our office is located at 57 W. Timonium Rd., Suite 208, Timonium, MD 21093
- Only checks payable to Fuel Fund of Maryland will be provided with a tax-deductible acknowledgement letter in accordance with IRS and state tax regulations
- Donations made out to an organizer or other source may be sent a general acknowledgment letter with no value attached
- If you are deducting expenses before sending net proceeds to Fuel Fund of Maryland, you should not state or imply to your donors that any funds given to you are tax deductible, and you should not use the word “donation” because it implies that they are tax deductible
- Sponsor agrees to inform Fuel Fund of Maryland of any effort to recruit major financial underwriters to ensure there is no duplication of underwriting efforts already underway by Fuel Fund of Maryland
- Kindly submit appropriate documentation from individuals and/or businesses regarding their financial donations
- Kindly submit raised funds, payable to Fuel Fund of Maryland, within 60 days of event
Insurance and Liability
Sponsor is responsible for obtaining any necessary permits and clearances required by local and state government and complying with all applicable laws. Sponsor must also obtain appropriate insurance coverage as necessary.
- All third-party events should ideally be accessible to people with disabilities. Ideally the event should take place at a venue that meets ADA regulations
- Sponsor is expected to promote and plan for any special accommodations and needs by participants
- Fuel Fund of Maryland cannot be held liable for details associated directly or indirectly with the event, including, but not limited to, expenses, purchases, insurance or liability coverage
What is a Third-party fundraiser?
A Third-party fundraiser is an event or activity that is executed entirely by a friend or supporter of the Fuel Fund of Maryland.
Does the Fuel Fund provide materials for the event?
The Fuel Fund may be able to provide printed materials and signage. Please note that all materials created by event organizer must be approved by the Fuel Fund.
Does the Fuel Fund provide financial support?
No. The Fuel Fund will not reimburse for any expenses incurred.
Does the Fuel Fund participate in the event?
Schedule and circumstances permitting, there will be a representative from the Fuel Fund at the event.
How will the event be promoted?
We expect due effort from both our organization and the organizer of the event. We will promote event on our social media accounts, website, and through email blasts.
How do I submit funds raised?
Currently, the Fuel Fund only accepts proceeds from third-party fundraisers in the form of a check.
What is required prior to planning the fundraiser?
Event organizer is reguired to sign an MOU with the Fuel Fund and complete and submit application. Once approved, organized may start fundraising and planning for event.
Below are examples of previously held third-party fundraisers as well as suggestions for future ones. Note that you can create your own event for proceeds to benefit the Fuel Fund of Maryland. Should event meet our criterias and guidelines, we are more than happy to approve it!
PREVIOUSLY HELD FUNDRAISERS
- RESTAURANT GIVE BACK NIGHT OR HAPPY HOUR
- PAJAMA RUN
- FLOWERS AND FANCIES
FUTURE FUNDRAISING SUGGESTIONS
- DRESS DOWN DAY / CASUAL FRIDAY
- CAR WASH
- BAKE SALE
- IN LIEU OF GIFTS - DONATE TO FUEL FUND OF MARYLAND DAY
The Pajama Run for the Fuel Fund of Maryland
On Saturday, March 3rd, 2018, Kevin Cheung and his spouse organized the first pajama run for the Fuel Fund of Maryland! All proceeds benefited our organization and the event drew a crowd of 25-30 people.